Irrigation Efficiency The ease of re-wetting and the quick drainage characteristics of coir means that coir needs to be irrigated less frequently and for shorter periods. This leads to reduced leaching losses of nutrients and lower wateruse faster Germination Times and Quicker Seedling Rotations The inherent qualities of coir and the optimum water/air availability are ideal for quick rooting and propagation. In many cases this leads to more seedling rotations per year and more efficient use of greenhouse equipment.
Growing awareness abroad, of late, about the Coco pith as an excellent alternative for recycling with farming system has pushed up its demand. Incorporating Coco pith improves its structure and physical properties of soil. The advantage of Coco pith is that it absorbs water in its range of 400-600 per cent of its weight and releases it to soil very slowly.
Product Applications and Benefits
- Coco Pith Blocks are widely used in Agriculture, Horticulture, floriculture , nurseries and also Landscaping purposes
- Since its biodegradable, it poses no detrimental disposal problems to the environment
- Through its renewable and sustainable characteristics its being widely used as an excellent growing media
- It is also used as a soil conditioner and in some cases as a soil substitute
- With its moisture retention qualities and soil conditioning capabilities it is being extensively used as a soil-less medium for agri-horticultural purposes
- Due to its water retaining capacity daily watering is not necessary for wherever its being used